- Q How do you work on the wedding day?
- Q How many images do you take?
- Q Do you take formal portraits and how long does it take?
- Q What do you wear to the wedding?
- Q Who will be the photographer at my wedding?
- Q Do you shoot black and white photos and does that cost more?
- Q Do you travel?
- Q Do you work with an assistant?
- Q Do you bring back-up equipment?
- Q How do we see our images?
- Q Can we purchase all of the digital files/negatives?
- Q What kind of albums do you offer?
- Q What do we need to do to hold our wedding date?
A “As your photographer I will react to events that happen during your day, as opposed to creating artificial situations and posing everything. I believe in this approach because I do not want to run or pose your wedding day. I want you to be at your party with your family and friends so that I can capture all of the emotion that happens naturally when people are enjoying one of the most special days of their lives. I have found that when you can relax and focus on your wedding instead of taking photos, some of the best images are created, without you even being aware of my camera.
A I prefer not to set a limit to the number of images I take throughout the day. Rather, I will take as many images as I need to tell the story of your day. I would rather take an image and have you ask, “Why did you take this?” than “I wish you had gotten a picture of…… ” In 8 hours of coverage, I can usually show you about 500 to 800 images.
A That’s up to you! Two month’s prior to your wedding, we will meet to discuss which formal pictures you would like to have taken and when. I estimate the time needed to complete them so we can have you miss as little as possible of your wedding. I do everything I can to work quickly so you can join your friends and family at the party and I can capture those wonderful images as well.
A When it comes to attire, my goal is to blend in with your guests. I will wear something that is both appropriate for your type of event and comfortable for me to work in.
A My name is on the contract we sign, and I will be the photographer. I do not commit to an event and then send an assistant or another photographer to your wedding.
A I enjoy capturing both black and white and color images, but I suppose I sometimes prefer black and white images because they convey a sense of timelessness. Sometimes you can really get right to the feeling of an image and not be distracted by color. The amount of color versus black and white that we use on your wedding day is entirely up to you, however. I find that this customized approach is this first step in creating a beautiful wedding album that is as unique as your wedding day. There is no additional cost to do black and white, color, or any of the other techniques I use at your event.
A anywhere 2 hrs from philadelphia…
A Most levels of service include an assistant who will help me with equipment and will also be taking supplemental images. My assistant is primarily there to help me so I can focus on shooting and to move quickly between locations. But, I have also found that an assistant can capture a once in a lifetime moment from a different angle (a bride walking down the aisle, a best man giving a toast) that provides for some great emotional images and reaction shots.” My assistants work hard and do a great job!
A I usually have 3 or 4 cameras with me, as well as extra flashes and lenses. Your day is too important to take any chances when it comes to equipment.
AYou have your choice of a proof magazine, printed paper proofs or CD proofs. The proof magazine shows six and twelve images per page and is printed using real photo paper. I am real excited about iPad proofs where we deliver all of your wedding images on an Apple iPad. These are so much fun and make my images look so good. In addition to the proofs, you will also have access to a personal, password protected web site. Your friends and family can visit the site to view all of the images and enjoy your day all over again. They can conveniently order pictures directly from the site as well.
A Yes. They are included in most Levels. You can always add them to any package.
A Wedding albums should be made to last for generations, so I offer only the finest albums for you to choose from. I offer five types of albums:
- Three Leather Bound Albums to choose from: one more traditional which has a timeless beauty with matted or flush pages and another with a more contemporary look.
- A Japanese Bound Fine Art album, with a linen cover and archival watercolor paper pages. These albums are beautifully accented with Swiss ribbon and include a custom slipcase. These book’s and the company who make them are green and try to make every aspect of what they do be friendly for our planet.
- The Coffee Table Album, which is a beautiful choice for a different looking wedding album. The album resembles a beautiful hard cover printed art book. We are also excited to offer you your layout in digital form for your iPad or tablet device.
A A $2000.00 non-refundable retainer and signed agreement is needed to reserve your wedding date. I photograph only one wedding per day.
A I like to customize every wedding with a custom level of service.
Coverage Starts at $4000.00. Feel free to contact me for a custom quote. Give me a call or use the contact tab at the top.